Protein Before Bed Repost From: Caloriesperhour Eating right before bed has always been a no-no when it comes to losing weight. All those carbohydrates ingested are quickly converted to sugar and your body‘s response is to flood your bloodstream with insulin in an attempt to lower your blood sugar levels. Where do the sugars go? You guessed it, right to your thighs in the form of fat.
But, not all foods right before bed are necessarily bad for you. In fact, If you don’t put protein into your body before you go to bed, your body will run out of protein about 2 am. Once your body digests all of its available protein, your body thinks it is starving itself. To protect you, your body shuts down and starts storing fat cells. The sugar in your blood still needs protein to keep you going, so it starts consuming the only protein source available, your own muscle mass. Basically, you are storing fat and eating muscle.
By drinking a high protein smoothie just before you go to bed, the added protein will support muscle growth for up to 4 to 5 hours. Now the process is reversed for most of your sleep time. Rather than storing fat and eating muscle, the protein allows your body to burn the fat at its normal rate while building muscle.
By eating protein right before bed, you will get a better night sleep and wake up more alert and less hungry in the morning. Coconut Almond Protein Smoothie Recipe
1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1/2 cup (8 oz) raw pasteurized egg whites
2 tablespoons almond butter
5 ice cubes
Blend for 1 min and serve just before bed..
- Benefits of Whey Protein (examiner.com)
- How much protein can I eat per meal (manchesterpt.wordpress.com)
- Chocolate Protein Powder Pancakes (imejia2.wordpress.com)
- Hemp Protein Smoothie (naturalstatenative.wordpress.com)
- Protein Packed Snacks For Your Work Out (1missionfornutrition.wordpress.com)
- Protein Rich Foods for Muscle (healthbeautydiet.wordpress.com) Almond butter, Body, Bodybuilding supplement, diet,Eating, Fitness, Healthy Ways to Lose Weight, Loss Weight, Muscle, Nutrition,Protein, Smoothie, Sugar, Top Weight loss, Weight Loss Tips.