Reblogged:from Mr.Food Baked Stuffed Peppers Our over-stuffed veggie Baked Stuffed Peppers are a super change-of-pace easy side dish.Colorful red and green bell peppers serve as tasty edible bowls for a stuffing that teams with any main dish. Cooking Time:25 min
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ripe tomato, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 red or green bell peppers, split lengthwise and cleaned (see Options)
- 1 tablespoon grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and saute just until softened. Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients except pepper halves and Parmesan cheese; mix well.
- Fill peppers evenly with mixture and place in prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Add 1/4 cup water to baking dish, cover with foil, and bake 20 minutes. Remove dish from oven and carefully remove foil; return dish to oven and bake for an additional 5 to 7 minutes, or until peppers are tender and the filling is heated through. Serve immediately.
Visit their site at http://www.mrfood.com/ for more great recipes,they also offer free ebooks.
- Bell Pepper Stuffed Rice (ninikbecker.wordpress.com)
- Stuffed Poblano Peppers (faithfulprovisions.com)
- Goat Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos Wrapped in Bacon (foodservicewarehouse.com)
- Chicken Sausage Stuffed Pablano Peppers (thiscountrygirlcooks.com)
- Veal Stuffed Mini Peppers and Patty Pan Squash (cookinginsens.wordpress.com)
- Stuffed Cubanella & Hungarian Peppers (marshallmaniaohio64.wordpress.com)
- Stuffed Bell Peppers (trainleanthinkclean.wordpress.com)