- 1 chicken, 4-5 lbs.
- 1 tablespoon ground sage
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash chicken inside and out, then pat dry with paper towels.
- In a small bowl, mix together sage, oil, salt and pepper.
- Rub the sage mixture under the skin of the breast, and all over the skin of the chicken.
- Insert half the garlic slices under the skin of the breast, drumsticks, and thighs.
- Place the remaining garlic slices inside the cavity of the chicken.
- Place chicken, breast side down, on a lightly greased roasting pan.
- Roast for 30 minutes, then turn chicken breast side up, and continue roasting for another hour, or until an instant-read thermometer reads 180 degrees.
Black pepper, Chicken, Condiments, diet, dieting programs, Eating, Fitness, Food, Garlic, Health, Human nutrition, Olive oil, Roasting, Tablespoon, Teaspoon, Top Weight loss, Weight, Weight Loss Tips
- Chicken and Poblano Quesadillas with Guacamole (survivalblogs.com)
- 4 Ingredient Roast Chicken with Lemon (williams-sonoma.com)
- Chicken breast with roasted red potatoes and salad (chefdoru.wordpress.com)