The Mediterranean diet Is becoming a popular diet known to be healthy for the body.
The Mediterranean food pyramid is a slightly differant version of the FDA‘s food pyramid. The bottom level you have you’r whole grains like bread, pasta, followed by vegetables, fruits, beans and nuts. The third level up is olive oil (or another healthy oil), followed by a cheese and yogurt level, a fish and poultry level, a sweets level and finally, a red meat level at the very top. But red meat should only be eaten a few times per month in very small amounts.
Many Mediterranean diet recipes can be found online or cookbooks like the (Mediterranean Diet Cookbook), once you get familiar with the basics diet itself, you can create any meal that falls within its guidelines. Such as, grilled salmon with lentils and sautéed asparagus or Italian bean soup with a handful of hazelnuts (and a glass of red wine) make for excellent Mediterranean diet meals check out these links. http://www.kitchenoasis.com, http://www.goodhousekeeping.com, http://www.mediterraneanmeals.com/
- What Is The Mediterranean Diet? (answers.com)
- Will the real Mediterranean diet please stand up? (mnn.com)
- Mediterranean Diet E-Book Shows How To Lose Weight For Good For Free (prweb.com)
- Olive Oil and the Mediterranean Diet (pagesla.wordpress.com)
- Mediterranean Diet Improves Brain Health, According To New Study – Huffington Post (huffingtonpost.com)
- The Mediterranean Diet Meal Plan and You (foodonthetable.com)