I found this great recipe on the Food Network check it out you’r gonna love it. Indian Spinach-and-Chickpea Fritters Ingredients
- 1 cup chickpea flour (available at Middle Eastern, Indian or health-food stores), or all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained, rinsed and roughly chopped
- 1 10-ounce box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled ginger
- Vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- Mango chutney, for serving
Whisk the chickpea flour, cornstarch, baking powder, cumin seeds, cayenne and 3/4 teaspoon salt in a bowl. Add 2/3 cup water and whisk until smooth. Add the onion, chickpeas, spinach and ginger to the batter and mix to combine.
Heat 2 inches of vegetable oil in a deep heavy-bottomed pot until a deep-fry thermometer registers 325 degrees. Working in batches, drop heaping tablespoonfuls of batter into the oil (do not crowd the pan). Cook until lightly golden, about 2 minutes, turning as needed. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a paper-towel-lined plate. Cool slightly, then gently press each fritter into a small disk, about 1/3 inch thick.
Return the fritters to the hot oil and fry until crisp and golden brown, about 1 more minute. Season with salt and serve with chutney.
- Indian Chickpeas over Garlic Spinach (plantbaseddietadventures.com)
- Baked Sweet Potatoes with Chickpeas, Tomatoes, and Spinach (frshforce.wordpress.com)
- Chickpea Patties “Falafel”(The Daring Cooks’ February Challenge: Flipping Fried Patties!!!) (goodcooks.wordpress.com)
- Chickpea & Spinach Curry (Chana Saag) (ownchef.wordpress.com)
- Vegan: Chickpea, Potato, and Spinach Jalfrezi with Cilantro Chutney (seriouseats.com)
- Recipe: Braised Coconut Spinach & Chickpeas with Lemon (thekitchn.com)
- Weekday Vegetarian: Braised Coconut Spinach with Chickpeas and Lemon (treehugger.com)