Reblogged: from Women’s Health Fueling your body the right way gets you better workout results!
Eat Exercising on an empty stomach makes you more likely to lose muscle, and without any extra gas in the tank, your exercise intensity and overall calorie burn will take a hit. An hour or two before working out, snack on 100 to 200 calories of complex carbs and protein (like a cup of nonfat yogurt or a piece of fruit and a cheese stick).
Drink Sipping green tea—hot or iced—helps your muscles recover faster after a workout so you can get back into the gym more quickly. According to a study in Nutrition, exercisers who drank green tea extract, which contains therapeutic antioxidants, had less muscle damage after workouts compared with those who drank only water.
Snack Red apples, berries, and grapes contain the antioxidant quercetin, which can boost your endurance and oxygen capacity, making workouts feel more doable, according to a study from the University of South Carolina‘s Arnold School of Public Health. Researchers believe quercetin also helps the fatigue that can cause you to skip workouts.
|Calorie, dieting programs, Fitness, Health, Loss Weight, Muscle, Physical exercise, Quercetin, University of South Carolina, weight loss programs, Weight Loss Tips, weight tips, Women, Women’s Health|
- Women’s Health: Bulb Recipes, Garlic Odor Fighters and More Food Features (accordingtorachel.com)
- Best Workouts for your Body Type (intervalstrength.wordpress.com)
- Five Beautiful Uses For Green Tea (bellasugar.com)
- A Simple, Safe & Effective Fat-Burnin g Program! (baktoedenherbalproducts.wordpress.com)
- Elliptical Vs Treadmill – Which usually Home fitness equipment Is way better to get a Home fitness space? (bnt.typepad.com)